Monday, June 25, 2012

RAW GARLIC BREAD & MAYO




This is SO good. Found a couple recipes online & changed them to suit what I had in the cupboard. I haven't had bread in a few years, but this tastes like bread to me.

BREAD:


  • 1 cup raw sunflower seeds 
  • 1/2 cup flax seeds
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 dates
  • 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt


Grind this all up in a good processor, I left it a tiny bit coarse.
Then I added some soaked chia seeds, about 1 tbsp. in 1/3 cup water, left it to sit an hour to puff up.

I formed this into a flattened ball with oil on my hands, then rolled it in some sesame seeds & put a little salt on it. Dehydrate for a couple of hours.

I put a raw mayo on top:

In the magic bullet, or something that will grind really fine:

  • 1/2 cup raw cashews, grind really fine, then add:
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice
  • a bit of salt
This mayo is really good!