Sunday, May 30, 2010

An easier way to make Kale Chips

I just made another batch of kale chips & found an easier way to do it.
This time I made mexican flavored ones.

I made a paste of seeds: sunflower, pumpkin, & sesame (all raw, not roasted), and added hot cayenne powder & chili powder & some cumin, and himalayan salt.
Then I ran some red pepper, green onions & a chunk of lemon through the juicer with the blank in it, so it just pulverized the vegetables.

I mixed all this together as a paste, kind of a peanut butter consistency, then just used a spatula to smear it on huge pieces of kale. I filled 12 trays in the dehydrator.

Remember, the reason you are using a food dehydrator & not the oven, is too keep all the nutrients & enzymes of the ingredients. So you are still eating a raw food.