Saturday, January 28, 2012

JANUARY WALK IN THE WOODS, part 1 of 4


I encourage my herb students to go outside & observe the plants in all seasons. At this time of year we tend to think nothing much is available for noticing much less for harvesting. I have been harvesting several plants as I need them this winter, mostly for immune system.

Yesterday I took an old salt lamp up to the woods, it was crumbling & falling apart, so I decided to give it to the deer! Deer can use the himalayan salt as a salt lick. I left it under a big tree for them to find.

Join me on a walk on some trails:







ARBUTUS TREE WITH PEELING BARK, I love the feel of these trees, they are so smooth, and

when its raining the bark underneath looks really orange.






Alder leaf on a maple leaf.


Alder cones




Alder catkins



Chickadee on a cherry tree




If you have questions or comments on herbs, plants & remedies, please join my herbal forum.